How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a cease and desist letter written and hand-delivered

Customer Question

I need a cease and desist letter written and hand-delivered to a licensed psychologist in Corona, CA. This should, ideally, happen tomorrow. This person broke into her mother's (my fiance's) computer, stole all my emails and photos to her, has disseminated these with vitriolic language, including some statements about my possibly murdering her mother. She even sent it to my fiancee's attorney and chambers of commerce, church, etc. She trying to destroy her mother, and now me. I'm trying to prevent this "packet" reaching my professional associates, and daughter, where the unfounded allegations could create doubt and do serious professional harm.
Do you have an attorney who can do this today?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I can draft the letter for you, but you would have to be responsible for having it served on the other party. Also, this is not something I can do in this forum, because you're requesting a legal service, and the website is not a law firm (I cannot split fees with a nonlawyer). Moreover, I would need credible evidence in support of your allegations, which must demonstrate that you have reasonable grounds for a civil action against the psychologist. Until I am certain that this is true, I can't lawfully put the letter on my letterhead, because the letter would be extortionate. What I'm trying to explain, in sum, is that while you may view this as a relatively straightforward matter, it's not. It's a big deal, and no attorney would undertake this sort of representation without compensation at customer rates. I will send you an additional services request. You may accept or decline at your convenience. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using!