Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How can I make money online legit

Customer Question
How can I make money online legit
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/23/2015
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
You have to be very, very careful and know what to avoid.
It's an unfortunate fact that athe online work at home industry is very crooked. All of these work at home programs, success courses, and get rich quick programs are great examples of false advertising and deceptive marketing. You may get something for your money, but there is no such thing as a quick road to success and the only person who gets rich from most of these programs are the ones who thought them up and put them on the internet. The odds are very very high that you will end up paying more for one of these courses/programs than you will ever make from the ensuing business. Not only do we see this all the time here, but so does our government.
The Federal Trade Commission has targeted this industry because it preys on the elderly, the disabled, the single parent, and other people who for one reason or another have to work at home. At best these companies may provide you with a source of pin money. At worst you will pay and pay and pay more to keep buying more programs to try to recoup your failing investment. The Federal government is closing many of these exploitative sites down, though new ones spring up as quickly as others are shut down.
The best kind of jobs pay you based on your ability and experience. They don't accept any and everyone who will pay them. There is money to be made on-line. If you're interested in telecommuting and doing customer service work, for example, there are companies that hire out telecommuters to major corporations all over the country. You can make a living at it. Check out http://join.liveops.com/ or also the companies recommended here. http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500201_162-7268932.html
Otherwise, if you think you may want to be your own boss, look for companies that are on the list of accredited work at home businesses or instructional courses on the Better Business Bureau's website. They are at BBB.org. You'll find companies that are legitmate and which the BBB will stand behind. Then you can read the BBB ratings and consumer complaint histories to decide whether it's for you or not.
Good luck!
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney