How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27183
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have been working with Consumer Law Council relief,

Customer Question

We have been working with Consumer Law Council for dept relief, but have not seen any changes with our accounts. What can we do now. Cathy
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Requested a letter to state that they are still working on matters, but have not gotten any positive feedback just told that they can not send a letter. This letter is needed so my Husband can continue to run his business.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Do you pay them a monthly fee? Do you have anything in writing from them about what they can and will do? Do you know why they will not send you a letter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No more payments being made,we have finished paying them. Contract that states they will contact and work with creditors to reduce and or eliminate dept. The two men Lou and Luis that I have talked with stated it needed to go to management Lou verbally stated that things were looking like being resolved soon, but still would not send anything in writing. I have just learned that they have a very bad BBB rating and a class action law suit in Washington.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the company has terrible reviews. At this point, if they have failed to perform as agreed, you would need to sue them and go after them for breach of contract. If you have paid them in fool and they have not done what was agreed to and promised, they would be in breach. You can not force them to give you a letter and if they are unwilling to do so, it should create some concern, since they are simply telling you everything looks like it will be resolved soon but can not give you any specifics. They should be able to tell you who they are speaking with, what is going on, what else needs to be done and everything related to your case. If they can not give you specifics, then they may not be doing anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to talk with my husband now and we will get back with you shortly
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Certainly. I will be here so please let me know.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!