How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42837
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you fiel if the person has been dead for

Customer Question

how do you fiel for probate if the person has been dead for over a year
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. I am going to opt out and open this for other experts, however.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here a new expert .Here are Kansas probate forms.The first A-01 is if there was a will to probate, the other one A-07 if the person died without a will, called intestate.The fact that it has been a year would not have any effect you can still file for probate.A notice is posted here once you file and then you can schedule this for the uncontested docket by calling the clerk of the court it gets assigned to.Forms.. Laws of intestacy for Kansas and information about that.. Expect the process here to take about a year from start to finish.You may want to consider a local probate lawyer to assist you with filing. Lawyer referral for that. I appreciate the chance to help you.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.