Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In a legal case (not a felony case) what constitutes bribery?

Customer Question
Can the procecuting attorney, the...
In a legal case (not a felony case) what constitutes bribery? Can the procecuting attorney, the district attorney and his/her assistants (office) share information with their client about a defendant's personal information--sensitive material? When does the law consider such information confidential.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
7/21/2015
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer. A DA doesn't have a client. A DA has a complainant, which is to say, he has a victim. There are some things that he can, and in fact would be required to share.Can you possibly be more specific about what kind of information a DA is sharing and under what circumstances so that I would have a better sense of whether the DA is breaking any ethical rules? Also tell me what this has to do with bribery.
This specific incident didn't make it into a legal case but could have. I was bullied into signing a form. The rotten person was able to get information on me. I don't know how personal the information was that was disclosed to her but I have reason to believe it included medical records that were shared with others. I can't prove it. Someone admitted that rotten person was talking to him. She also had a case against me and communicated with the D.A.'s office. Her actions in bullying me seem like bribery.
It's hard to communicate without breaking confidences. "That rotten person" isn't the D.A. but someone in my manager's office in the apartment building at the time. She said the signitre was needed for office records.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Bribery occurs when something of value is given to someone else in order to unlawfully influence somebody to do something he would not do except for the unlawful influence. I do not see this in your fact pattern. Being bullied into doing something is not bribery, though it may be criminal, Being paid under the table or given a valuable gift would be bribery. I apologize but unlike in non-legal categories on JustAnswer, where phone calls are allowed, in the legal categories live phone calls can be deemed practice of law which is forbidden by our bar associations, since JustAnswer is not a law firm and we thus we do not and cannot represent you on this website with any legal matter. I would be happy to continue with you in this forum if you would like to continue below. Or we can communicate via email for an additional fee it that will be easier for you to explain your circumstances.
Zoey, thank you for trying. The last thing I need is to put more stuff on the web or in emails. I should have thought about it.
The only way JA allows us to engage in conversation off of the web is via additional services. I have sent you the information for direct email. If you're interested, it will give you the fee. If you're not and you don't want to put more on the web, I understand that. You can contact***@******.*** and customer service will refund your deposit if you ask them.
Tina, Lawyer