Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

If it is illegal to knowingly put trash etc. Grass clippings,

Customer Question

If it is illegal to knowingly put trash etc. Grass clippings, onto punlicensed roads,where can I read it. Thanks ***** *****
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I lookforward to working with you to provide you the information you areseeking for educational purposes only. Can you please clarify your situation and your question for us as it is not clear from what you stated above?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mowing grass and allowing them to settle on to public roadways in the state of North Carolina
Thank you for your reply.The NC littering law prohibits discharge of anything onto public land. See: NC General Statute 14-399. Even though grass may be biodegradeable, it can clog drains and prevent drainage on roadways. So discharging (not accidental blowing) grass onto the public road intentionally can be considered littering if the local law enforcement agency wants to actually enforce it.