How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was surprised to see i had an outstanding court case CM-2008-411 in Tulsa, Oklahoma for

Customer Question

I was surprised to see i had an outstanding court case CM-2008-411 in Tulsa, Oklahoma for a bogus check in 2004. the warrant was issued in 2008. I have no recollection of this. A background check in california prevented me from getting a job. How can I make this go away?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
You will need to have the warranted quashed.
Generally, on a bogus check the business will give the owner of the check a chance to make it good. If they could not locate you they went to the District Attorney and had charges placed.
I suggest you can try to negotiate a payoff amount for this and then request the warrant be recalled once that payment is made. There could be interest and other fees that have accumulated over the years. So you may want to consider having an OK attorney try to work out a deal for you
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you