How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file a subpoene tape at my storage unit. They will not

Customer Question

I need to file a subpoene for a tape at my storage unit. They will not just copy it and give it to me. My claim is against a moving company and not the storage unit, but I have asked for it and am being told by them that I will have to have it subpoened for.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I file a subpoene for the tape.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.If you have filed your suit against the Moving company, You will need to go to the clerk of the court where it is pending and request a subpoena. The clerk will give you the form, you fill it out as appropriate, the clerk will place a court seal on it and then you are responsible for having it served.Service can be done by anyone who is at least 18 years old and NOT a party to the suit. Most people hire a service processor to have the subpoena served. I suggest you contact the storage facility and request the name of the owner and an address where it can be served.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you