How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A man in a position of power intiated an affair with me and

Customer Question

A man in a position of power intiated an affair with me and left his wife. He talked me into renting my house to his family. Now after six years he coldly told me it's over and I need to move out. So i had to buy yet another house because the house i had is too far away from work. And I was accustomed to his lavish house. He is not being very supportive at work so this has been beyond stressful. It came out of the blue. Do i have any recourse?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. My apologies that you find yourself in this situation. However I am unclear as to your question pertaining to recourse. Recourse against what, exactly? Not permitting him to break up with you? Or not evicting you from the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand that it is over and i will need to evict his family from my house. But he has put me in this position and I work with him, so the stress of having to pack up all my belongings. While there are still a lot of my property at the house i rent to his family. Going to work everyday knowing he has the power to make my job miserable has caused me undue stress. In fact it has affected my health and concentration at work. I may have no leg to stand on but the stress i have been through. Buying a house in three days. All while working for him on a daily basis has been overwhelming for me.,
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I understand all that, but 'stress' is generally understandable in any break-up, so suing over the stress of a break-up is not possible. Suing over the stress of a break-up is against public policy, because under that logic anytime a relationship ends either or both parties would be able to go to court and fight it out...and the courts are not meant to be such referees as it would actually cause more harm than good. The courts would refuse to hear such claims as it would be seen as 'frivolous' because there is no actionable injury. I am sorry that going to work becomes difficult but unless he retaliates against you via employment you have no direct recourse yourself. Sincerely, ***** *****