Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I'm an owner living in Bridlewood Park,Live Oak, TX 78233(with

Customer Question
an HOA) Since 6 days...
I'm an owner living in Bridlewood Park,Live Oak, TX 78233(with an HOA) Since 6 days, now I have the neighbor's truck parked in front of my house, and during the trash days, I have to put all my trash cans on the side of his truck and for me, this is the only place I can put them.After the first 3 days, I called the police because the truck was parked on the wrong direction of the street and the neighbor(a policeman too) was in infraction. But the neighbor didn't receive any ticket just a warning to move the truck in the right direction of the street.With the Live Oak rules, they told me you can have your car in the street all the time you want( if the car has a good registration and is in the right side of the street, but with the
HOA you can not let your car on the street more than 24 hours at the same place?? Perfect after the three first days, I call the HOW and they told me they will send him a letter for that.
After 5 days, nothing happens. I called again the HOA and at this time, they told me I have to wait 10 days,. and in the same time with this HOA when a rule is not respected, they can not give an amend because all the residents had vote NO for that. Since 6 days now, I take a lot of pictures of the truck, his empty driveway and now after the 10 days, I'm looking to take an attorney against HOA for no taking measures against the neighbor's attitude, Can you tell me if it's OK or can I do something else? thanks Mrs boucher
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
7/18/2015
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this.You have the right to sue the HOA here for failure to enforce their rules or selective enforcement.You can also have the lawyer seek your legal fees and costs.This is common in Texas with a situation like this with selective enforcement.You lawyer sends a demand letter threatening lawsuit unless resolved within say seven days.If this does not get the HOA to act you sue . Lawyer referral.. https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Do_You_Need_a_Lawyer_ You want a lawyer that does HOA litigation.. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Ray, Lawyer