How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been working and living in TX for 2 1/2 years. I started working new company

Customer Question

I have been working and living in TX for 2 1/2 years. I started working for a new company in FL on 1/31/2015. I was given until Sept.n 2015 to move tio FL and have been working for them while living in Texas, I am currently in NY trying to list my home for sale, while still working for the company. I inhformed them that due to multiple family situations, I am unable to move to FL. I am moving ton Arizona in mid-August. They have cut my salary down from 100% to 40% and my last day of work with them will be 7/31`/2015. Can I file for unemployment and if so, in which state?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Do you have a current residence in Texas? Is the employer withholding taxes from your pay based on Texas or New York law?