How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38899
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If. Chief of police in the state of ga resigns how long does

Customer Question

If. Chief of police in the state of ga resigns how long does the municipality have to replace him
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, Per website policy please provide a positive rating for my answer to your previous question, before we start discussing your new question. Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I did
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to trouble you, but could you please check the previous question again? The website accounting system does not register that you clicked one of the positive feedback stars. If you are having difficulties, rating the question, please contact customer service -- because all I can do on my end is "justanswer" the questions. Thanks in advance!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok could you check again now please
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that worked -- thanks! I need to do a little research. Please give me a few minutes.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I'm back. State law does not prescribe any particular time limit on how long a police department can operate without a chief officer. This is an issue that is likely controlled by local city/county codes/ordinances. However, if there is an issue in the police department where the lack of a chief is causing problems in the community or among the other officers, then I believe that the State Attorney General or local district attorney could be contacted to ask the court to order an interim chief appointed. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using!