Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Bill collector from a company I have never heard of calling church to say I'm

Customer Question

Bill collector from a company I have never heard of calling church for me to say I'm a process server coming to serve you. Call this number. Can this be done? Especially in this era of fraud?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To be clear, you completely dispute the alleged debt? I assume that the "debt collector" is trying to get you to pay something rather than be served?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I assume so but I have never heard of the company and he gave me a number to call. I am skeptical because the last time I did call the person wanted me to go to my computer and give them access. So because of that I have not called anyone. I told him that I'm certain these issues are sent in writing. To which he replied you have been served then hung up. I thought it was weird.
I see. Is this the same person that has tried to get you to give them computer access? This is NOT service of process, so you don't have to worry about that. But do you have some sort of debt that would be logical for someone to be trying to collect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sure there is a debt someplace. My credit is not poor but it is not perfect either. I just thought that was strange and I never called the number. I'mbot sure if it is the same person.