Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was recently discharged as a volunteer at a nursing home

Customer Question

i was recently discharged as a volunteer at a nursing home due to becoming friends with a resident that had a very strong liking to me. She was a fondly ***** ***** type which led to some physical contact. after knowing her for about 9 months an aid reported that I kissed her on the mouth and I was kind of suspended for a couple weeks. about a year and a half later another aid reported that I had my hand under her blouse for about 2 minutes feeling her breasts. well the aid had very often taken my hand or told me to put my hand on her chest or heart and I often did but tried to make sure I didn't make contact with the breasts. Well in early march she had a loose open top on and I think some of my hand got under her blouse. An aid was nearby and asked me if my hand was under her shirt. I told her no then she said I saw your hand under her shirt then she said its ok. But then reported it to the director and I think exagerated the situation. As a result Im terminated as a volunteer and am not permitted to see this person who I view as a very special friend. (She is in a legal dimentia state) I am not even allowed to visit her when her daughter is around because I'm told I have some negative affect on the staff at the place. I would like to get my position and visiting priveleges back or take action for possible slander or defamation. It was never explained to me at the beginning what kind of contact was allowed and what isn't which I got told they tell their aids.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma...can you tell me, what state did this happen in?