How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother is in a nursing home and is current on public aide.

Customer Question

my brother is in a nursing home and is current on public aide. He will be receiving a 50.000.00 dollar settlement does he have report this to the nursing home?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. To answer directly, yes, he does have to report it. Since the funds are 'earnings' and do affect his eligibility, it has to be reported to the nursing home as any sort of funds have to be reported (be it earnings, profits, settlement, or inheritance). I am sorry! Sincerely, ***** *****