How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 108681
Experience:  7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yeah I got a 316.191(2)(a) in florida and it looks like I can

Customer Question

Yeah I got a 316.191(2)(a) in florida and it looks like I can get in real trouble for nothing!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.
What questions do you have about this? Were you convicted of racing? Have you been sentenced yet? What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I passed a buddy of mine while we were on our way home from the shop. I am an ASE Certified Master Mechanic, I drive a pretty loud 2006 mustang. All I did was accelerate spiritedly through a gear just to pass him. I was not speeding, I did lane change. This was today. I looked up the statue and it says I can get my license suspended for a year with a fine. I can deal with a fine, but my drivers license is my livelihood. All I want to know is how I can get this resolved without suspension/revocation of my license.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
What county and city did you get the ticket in? Was the officer able to clock your speed? How? What does your traffic record look like?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.
Depending on where you got the ticket and what your driving record is, you may be able to get the charges reduced to something that will be just a fine and perhaps traffic school. If you got the ticket in Dade, Broward or Palm Beach county, they are usually not as harsh as other counties in Florida. When you go to the arraignment, ask to speak to the prosecutor in regards ***** ***** case. If you have a clean record, or at least a relatively good record, ask if they would be willing to reduce the charges to reckless driving or simple speeding, or something else that does not cause your license to be suspended. If they are not willing, then enter a plea of not guilty and ask either for a public defender or look for an attorney on your own.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.