How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33517
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

GA-crb An e-x handyman began some work then stopped showing up owning

Customer Question

An e-x handyman began some work then stopped showing up owning me $4800.00 in money paid ahead for materials. This was the summer of 2014. I have had several personnel and family health issues and am disabled making it hard to get around.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
You should file a claim against the handyman in small claims court.
The limit is $5500. So, you are within the limits.
Here is a link with information you may find helpful:
Once you get a judgment you will be able to garnish bank accounts and attach property until the judgment is satisfied.
Best regards.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Did you have further questions? Did I answer your question?
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
If you have no further questions, please remember to rate my service to you.
Thank you.