How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has a mental health issue, and because his medication

Customer Question

My son has a mental health issue, and because his medication does not always help w/voices he hears he will drink to make him calm (this is not what I wish would happen) thus in our small town he is noted for drinking. This has gotten him in much trouble and he has spent time in jail due to this. My problem is the police have wanted him to go under cover for then and he has told them no. Last month the police arrested him and he refused the breath test and stayed in jail 2 months, while there our town policeman had a meeting with him and told him he didn't care if he stayed in jail 7 years, but he could jet out if he signed a paper to go under cover for them.( my son has a very low self esteam ) thus he signed the paper. We are worried sick that he was made intimiadated in to this, what recourse do I have for him as I said he is not well ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer, The police are not permitted to use intimidating tactics in order to get private citizens to do their undercover work, but unfortunately, that never stops them. Then they wonder why the public no longer trust the police and do not give them he respect they enjoyed 20 years ago. I would strongly suggest that you make an appointment with the District Attorney for your County in order to speak to him and let them know what the local police are doing because many times the District Attorney's Office is not informed by the police as to what they are up to because they know full well that the District Attorney would not allow the police to intimidate private citizens into doing their undercover work. You should bring your son with you when you meet with th District Attorney's Office because it is important for them to get first-hand information. You should also tell the District Attorney what they have told your son about remaining in jail, if he did not do their undercover work. I am sure that the District Attorney does not approve of the tactics the police have used on your son, or how they have intimidated him, Please let me know if you need clarification on anything and I will be glad to explain further, If I have Answered your question, please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will compensate me for my time and effort, Kindest Regards, ANDREA