How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 80 yr old friend I and bf have been looking out

Customer Question

My 80 yr old friend I and bf have been looking out for since 2011 has man on property manipulating him out of $, property's and peace of mind. He'll never get back the time robbed. How do I help keep him safe. We closed bank accts, but what about property stolen. B4 we evict we need to recoupe what this swindler, preyer of the elderly took. Found the hinky notary that did the property transfer. Made police report for fraud, and elderly abuse. I need legal advice to know how to proceed as the man as dementia he forgets who the bad guys are...daily. help us help him!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Have you contacted your County Adult Protective Services? This is their primary job function, and they should be able to assist you - I do understand that these departments are overworked and underfunded, but they are the proper agency to look into this type of financial elder abuse.(short of governmental assistance, it is possible to petition the court for an adult conservatorship of the estate, but you will need to hire an attorney (a probate attorney with experience in conservatorships) to represent you in this proceeding), unfortunately you cannot do this "pro per" (without an attorney)).If you do decide to pursue a private conservatorship, You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).