How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16623
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was pulled over and the police said I have a warrant for

Customer Question

I was pulled over and the police said I have a warrant for my arrest I had no idea about this what should I do the police let me go only because I was not in the jurisdiction Plus the warrant had my name but my ID has my name with my middle name I don't know what to do I am currently working a good job
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
What is the warrant for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A warrant out for my arrest domestic abuse stating I beat up somebody
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.
Unfortunately, arrest warrants do not go away and never expire, so generally, it is only the matter of time before an arrest warrant is enforced and the wanted person is apprehended.
Generally, there are two ways to resolve such warrant:
1)To surrender to jail of the jurisdiction where the warrant was issued and to face the judge and hopefully there is a bond set so defendant can be released;
2) To hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney to review the entire pending criminal case and to determine whether the warrant can be vacated, without having to go through jail, by possibly simply showing up at the court hearing and addressing the criminal charge.
You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any related follow up questions?