Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I am currently in chapter 13. Since March 20th. Capital One

Customer Question

I am currently in chapter 13. Since March 20th. Capital One was one of the creditors. On April 22, they sold my 2 credit cards and 1 car account loan to a credit collection agency. Prior to that they were being paid through the funds in chapter 13. Was that a legal move?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question. Generally, chapter 13 doesn't prevent creditors from selling, transferring or assigning credit card accounts, however, the payments to the new companies which now own the debt, would still have to be structured out of the chapter 13 plan and the issue would have to be addressed before the trustee so it can be resolved. I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Do you have any related follow up questions?