Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

INSURED ADDED EQUIPMENT JUST BEFORE RENEWAL INCURRING $5406.60

Customer Question

INSURED ADDED EQUIPMENT JUST BEFORE RENEWAL INCURRING $5406.60 IN PREMIUM. I SAID I WOULD DIVIDE INTO 2 PAYMENTS. THEY DID NOT RENEW WITH ME. AFTER 2 MONTHS THEY SAID THEY DID NOT OWE THIS PREMIUM. THEY DID FILALLY SAY TO CASH 1 CHECK FOR HALF. CAN NOT GET ON THE PHONE.
QUESTION; CAN I CASH THE OTHER CHECK WITHOUT GETTING IN TOUCH WITH THEM.?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Is this an insurance policy that a customer wanted to renew?
2. Are you the Broker?
3. If they didn't renew with you, did they renew with someone else---some other agent/broker?
4. On what basis could they argue they didn't owe a premium?
5. Is there even a policy to renew at this time? If you negotiate a check, what will they get for their money?
This seems like a very important matter for you, and your questions and complicated issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Doug