How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29973
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I less than three hours ago had agreed because

Customer Question

My wife and I less than three hours ago had agreed because if our difference s.That would sleep in the guest bed room for a few weeks until I find a suitable place to live.I drive trucks just left home when I get thus belligerent call from her son telling that when I get back I need to move out and he is there changing the locks.I reminded him Iam not married to him but to his mom and he nor she can just put me out of my house.My wife and I agreed no lawyers to give separation a try and see how that works. It was her house before we got married and was only worth $30,000 dollars,now its worth $80,000 I just went back to work after hip replacement surgery,but we both met with the doctors and they told us that I have to quit working,I get only$1700.00 dollars a month from Social security and I just was awarded service connected 50% from the ,Va.that amount is for both combined. I do not make enough to live decent with her now putting me out.What are my options.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She makes as about$70,000 dollars a year
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
Legally, she cannot put you out of the marital home without a court order. To get that, one of you would have to file for divorce.
You have the ability to file a Petition for divorce along with a motion asking that (1) you be allowed back into the house until you are able to find another place to go, or (2) she be ordered to pay you spousal support until the divorce is finalized. Those motions can be filed immediately and you should be able to get a ruling fairly quickly. You'll need to show the judge what your income and expenses are, what her income is, and how much you need to support yourself.
If the house was mortgaged when you got married, you're entitled to reimbursement for half the value of mortgage payments made during the marriage, plus any appreciation on those amounts.
Contact the VA. They may be able to provide more assistance or refer you to a legal aid organization in your area that helps veterans at a low or no cost.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.

Related Legal Questions