How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have been stalked i yr. over 5,000 emails. texts

Customer Question

have been stalked for almost i yr. over 5,000 emails. texts to me and girlfreind. we both have no contact order in place. will not stop. have contacted police, she has 2 orders in court for damage to property. had me arrested 2x for assault, which was false.called cps on my mother, myself, father. called cps again on me , girlfriend. emails every 15 mins per day. this has to stop. calls my work every week. have all emails saved' been to court several times. have all emails saved and texts, threatening to burn down house. police will not pay attention. what do i do? i have a child with her, so i thought maybe we could work it out, that i see my daughter. every time i see my daughter, the next day she accuses of abuse on her, and calls police. she is lying. what can i do? i cant afford a lawyer, except legal aid, and they said they cant do anything. there must be something i can do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information here.I am sorry you are experiencing this and that the police will not helpFirst, if you have a no contact order and she is continuing to contact you, I suggest it is a contempt of that court order and you should consider filing a Show Cause/Contempt proceeding against her. You should be able to get those documents to file from the clerk of the court from where the No Contact Order was issued. Next, if you are being stalked and/or harassed, and the police will not do anything I suggest the following:1 - Contact the District Attorney in the county where you live and ask about the contempt on the No Contact order. Tell them the police will not help or get involved.2 - Go to your local District/Municipal court and ask for the Magistrate or District Court Commissioner's office so you can file a Criminal Statement of Charges for the criminal offenses of stalking/harassment. It will depend on your state if you have a District Court Commissioner or a Magistrate.