How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33560
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question regarding Power of Attorney: I am an Administrator

Customer Question

Question regarding Power of Attorney:
I am an Administrator for an estate in California. The deceased was domiciled in California and passed intestate. I also live in California. The estate has been settled and distributed with the exception of a Barclays Checking Account which is held in England. The English checking account was not included in the estate administration as it could only be assigned to a direct family member without excessive death taxes and English legal interactions. An adult grandson of the deceased (residing in Washington State) has been interacting with London Tribunal Services in attempt to bring this to conclusion (the banking account funds had moved to that environment because Barclays Bank was a moving target in getting an answer for resolution). The English court now requires that I (as administrator) assign power of attorney to the grandson to allow his actions to receive the monies. I am happy to do that, but don't know if the notarized POA needs to be executed in California (where I live) or Washington State (where he lives). What's the call?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
Notarization is determined by the place where the document is signed by the person whose signature is being notarized. If it is signed in Washington then that is where it is notarized.
I hope this is helpful.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service to you.

Related Legal Questions