How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there someone there to answer questions

Customer Question

is there someone there to answer questions
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, given the amount of money at issue here, this is a good time to hire an attorney ($150,000.00 at issue is sufficient to hire a lawyer).You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly). Hiring a lawyer doesn't give you any additional legal rights, but it does help you fully exercise your legal rights and it gives you additional leverage in negotiation and mediation as it gives you a greater threat of litigation.As far as a right to terminate the reciprocal easements, if you can show that the current breaches are sufficient to be "material" breaches, that would permit you to claim that the easement should be terminated. (Easements are not normally terminated, so you are asking for "extraordinary relief" - again this is why retaining a lawyer is a really good idea in this case).Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.