How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The town where my case is set don't have blank forms to file

Customer Question

the town where my case is set don't have blank forms to file the appeal on eviction, what form should I use.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Most legal proceedings do not have forms to use for them (a lot of courts have tried to generate forms for very basic things, but most pleadings and appellate documents must be drafted (written)).Visit your local law library, they will have books called "practice guides" which contain strategy tips, legal authorities, and often have templates you can use when drafting your appeals or other documents.You can also do internet searches for copies of other people's documents and "crib" (copy them and modify them to match your own facts) but be careful when doing so, you want to make sure that they match your facts and cases, and you will also want to check the statutes and cases that they cite to ensure it is still good law, you can use a free case search tool such as this one, but you really need a more sophisticated account with Lexis or Westlaw for these purposes, again your local law library will have one you can use).