CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

The town where my case is set don't have blank forms to file

Customer Question

the town where my case is set don't have blank forms to file the appeal on eviction, what form should I use.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Most legal proceedings do not have forms to use for them (a lot of courts have tried to generate forms for very basic things, but most pleadings and appellate documents must be drafted (written)).Visit your local law library, they will have books called "practice guides" which contain strategy tips, legal authorities, and often have templates you can use when drafting your appeals or other documents.You can also do internet searches for copies of other people's documents and "crib" (copy them and modify them to match your own facts) but be careful when doing so, you want to make sure that they match your facts and cases, and you will also want to check the statutes and cases that they cite to ensure it is still good law, you can use a free case search tool such as this one https://scholar.google.com/scholar_courts, but you really need a more sophisticated account with Lexis or Westlaw for these purposes, again your local law library will have one you can use).