How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 75 years old and I have had a care taker years..He

Customer Question

I am 75 years old and I have had a care taker for 4 years..He is my neighbor..Is there anyway I can leave him my mobile home in my will? I was told he'd have to pay taxes on the worth of my mobile home..Can I give it to him and his family as a gift? He never ask for a cent for what he has done for me..
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
The IRS will want taxes to be paid on this transaction at some point.Work with your attorney or a local CPA to come up with a way to transfer your home in a way that minimizes this impact. You can explore setting up a trust (probably one of the most commonly used mechanisms to delay (not eliminate, but delay) income tax from gifts or bequests).