Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My company in Pennsylvania won a small claims court case against

Customer Question
a New Jersey Pool Company...
My company in Pennsylvania won a small claims court case against a New Jersey Pool Company. It needs to go to a state of execution and I do not know how to proceed. The company is located in Sewell, N.J. and I would appreciate knowing how to proceed since the case orginated in Pa. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
7/10/2015
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. Enforcing your Pennsylvania Judgment in New Jersey is not too difficult. New Jersey law provides for the enforcement of foreign judgments under N.J.S.A. 2A:49A-25. The process takes about four weeks. You must issue a notice to the defendant who has the opportunity to object. But the bais for objection is limited to the validity of the judgment. You do not have to relitigate the substance of the dispute.The first step is to "Docket" you foreign judgment. You will do so in the County where the defendant is located.This guide will provide you step by step directions on how to proceed and includes a form affidavit:https://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/prose/10519_docket_foreign_judgmts.pdf I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.
Oops. I forgot. Here is a link to the law: ftp://www.njleg.state.nj.us/19961997/PL97/204_.pdf Good luck.Kind regards,Gerald (Please do not forget to rate me. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer