Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Was it legal owner to take a loan on home without my signature or knowledge? the cr

Customer Question
was it legal for co...
was it legal for co owner to take a loan on home without my signature or knowledge? the credit union now wants me to pay, because she is not paying the loan anymore. The home is in oregon.. can they take the house from me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
7/10/2015
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. If the loan was issued without your signature, then you are not liable for it. If you are an owner on the deed, they should have required your signature on the application. If it was forged you may need to provie that in order to prevail. In order for the Credit Union to Foreclose on the loan they will have to sue you in court and prove that you have liability on the loan. Since you are at the early stage of this you should consult local counsel before you communicate with the credit union. Local cousnel may be able to get this stopped before it goes much further. The credit Union must follow certain steps and the attorney can prevent an action of they did not follow them. Most attorneys who do this work will meet with you to assess your case at little or no charge. So it is worth speaking to one. This link may help you find an attorney:http://www.avvo.com/foreclosure-lawyer/or.html I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer