Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What if I canno find my ex spouse and I am seeking an annulment

Customer Question
in the Catholic church?...
What if I canno find my ex spouse and I am seeking an annulment in the Catholic church?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
7/10/2015
Lawyer: canonlaw,
 replied 2 years ago
canonlaw
Thank you for your question!First of all, you should document to the Tribunal all your attempts to find the whereabouts of her, including the several possible internet research. After that, you can ask the Tribunal and/Diocese to publish a notice in the Diocesan paper requesting her presence in the Chancery. If you provide a consistent amount of documents, it is possible to go ahead with the trial depending of of the ground of the nullity. The Tribunal would choose or prefer some ground on your side to help to arrive to a final decision.
Lawyer: canonlaw,
 replied 2 years ago
Can I still be helpful?
canonlaw
canonlaw
canonlaw