How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask canonlaw Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 164
Type Your Legal Question Here...
canonlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What if I canno find my ex spouse and I am seeking an annulment

Customer Question

What if I canno find my ex spouse and I am seeking an annulment in the Catholic church?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  canonlaw replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question!First of all, you should document to the Tribunal all your attempts to find the whereabouts of her, including the several possible internet research. After that, you can ask the Tribunal and/Diocese to publish a notice in the Diocesan paper requesting her presence in the Chancery. If you provide a consistent amount of documents, it is possible to go ahead with the trial depending of of the ground of the nullity. The Tribunal would choose or prefer some ground on your side to help to arrive to a final decision.
Expert:  canonlaw replied 2 years ago.
Can I still be helpful?