How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42835
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 62 yr old female on disability. I receive $1,023.00

Customer Question

I am a 62 yr old female on disability. I receive $1,023.00 a month in benefits. My boyfriend & I are talking about marriage. If we are married would I loose any of my benefits? His current gross is $420.00 with $349.87 per week after taxes. Also, how much am I allowed to make from any part-time work without loosing my benefits?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Are you getting SSI or SSDI , it makes a difference, thanks..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Ray here, thanks for the information.Here if your SSDI is based on your personal disability and you are not say a widow receiving off a deceased spouse then remarriage here has no affect and neither does his salary.
This is different than say SSI which can change based on household assets and composition.So SSDI you are fine to remarry again if based on your personal disability and wages from the past.
Reference to that.
I appreciate your patience today.Godo luck with the marriage.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Lou let me know if you have more.If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.Take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If SSDI means social security disability then that is what i receive & you have put my mind at ease. So i did not get an answer to my 2nd guestion about employment but i will wait & ask during my free trial which i thought i had already started?
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
You need to go to the social security office here they have a trial work program that allows you to try to work without loosing benefits.
Here is information on that..
Thanks again, please positive rate if you can, take care.