Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Is photo radar legal?

Customer Question

is photo radar legal?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
The answer is yes, it is legal. However, you need to be careful of how you respond to the citation.
When you get a photo radar citation in the mail, you are under no obligation to take any action whatsoever. That is a request that you waive your right to be properly "served" the complaint. Until a court-ordered process server hands you that citation in person, it's as if it doesn't exist.
And so if you get a mail notice, you need to read it carefully.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you