How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is***** I recently received a copy

Customer Question

My name is***** I recently received a copy of a Warrant to Satisfy Judgment from Capitol One filed with the Superior Court on June 26, 2015. Apparently, this matter was settled over two years ago and a warrant was never issued. I am in the process of purchasing a home and the bank is not satisfied with the filing of this document and wants to see the judgment removed from the record. I am supposed to close on Thursday of this week and I need to know how to get this completed. Please advise Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
All that you can get is a letter from the creditor stating that the debt has been satisfied, what more does the bank want, since they know that it cannot be removed from your credit report?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
apparently it can be removed from my credit report because they said it was done in the past. The problem is that the wait is too long. Also, I am not satisfied with your response since it does not go into detail and am not interested in enrolling in your monthly plan. Please be advised that I will be contacting my bank to stop payment on future charges.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I did not give you any answer that you would be charged for I was asking you for more information.
However, if you would like your deposit refunded, since you do not want to communicate back and forth with us so we can answer your question having full information from you, there is no need for you to make threats about contacting your bank, as our customer service would more than happily refund your deposit by contacting them at
I would have gladly given you the refund you want, but as experts are not employees of the site we have no control to do so. I guarantee you our customer service will refund your deposit if you contact them.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am another expert on the site.
I have to say that Paul here is 100% correct.
There is a lot of confusion when it comes to these things. Unfortunately, many people believe that a dispute with a CRA (credit bureau agency) will somehow take off the judgment automatically, OR, will at least void the judgment and not show it on the CRA.
This is not true. A creditor can confirm judgment, and it will stay true. Also, a CRA judgment reflection does not actually affect the judgment itself.