Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

A friend of mine lives in Mexico City. Several years ago she

Customer Question

A friend of mine lives in Mexico City. Several years ago she got in a argumemt with a immigration officer about slow service and he labeled her a threat to the US. How can I find out if this is still in effect and how to rectify if so.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Due to this, was she denied any kind of visa? What exactly happened?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She said she could not get a tourist visa. She is a proffessional person. MD
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
Can you clarify more as to what happened?
1) Was this the consular agent at the US Embassy/consulate where she applied for B2 visa?
2) If so, did HE deny her that visa?
3) Did she ever try to apply again and if so, was she denied again?
4) Her denial would normally have "grounds" for the denial, often reflecting INA code. Does she have it and if so, what were the grounds for denial?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am going to get answers from her and do the phone call
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Okay.