Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is ait possible to withdraw a signed real estate contract to

Customer Question
sell in the state of...
Is ait possible to withdraw a signed real estate contract to sell in the state of Pa. if parties are notified within 24 hrs.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/7/2015
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry, but no, this is not possible.
UNLESS THE CONTRACT STATES OTHERWISE, there is no "window to cancel" a real estate contract in Pennsylvania. Such laws apply to timeshare contracts, gyms, and other such contracts, but not purchases of real estate.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Ely, Counselor at Law