How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 99982
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding child support. My separation

Customer Question

Hello. I have a question regarding child support. My separation agreement does not state a termination date of support. My daughter is 22 and lives with me. She is returning to university for her final year as a part time student to complete her degree. Am I entitled to support payments for this year ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Please tell me what state was the Order issued from?
Will she be continuing to live with you while enrolled at school?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ontario. Canada
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes she is living with me
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you. Your question has been posted in the US categories. I will have it moved. Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay but the question had been placed on the wrong list.
You are not entitled to support because your daughter has to be enrolled in school full-time to entitle her to support.
I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
even if she hasn't finished her degree ?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Yes because she must be in school full-time otherwise she is expected to work and support herself.