How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37851
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I reside in a condominium which I own.a I am disabled and

Customer Question

I reside in a condominium which I own.a I am disabled and use a wheelchair. All homeowners are encouraged to attend Board and Annual meetings. These meetings are always held in an inaccessible room.
What ADA Regulations apply to such discrimination, and who can I contact for help to end this discrimination. What documentation can I use to change the situation?
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Your HOA is legally required to make accommodations for disabled owners and their failure to do so is a violation of the law.
Failure to meet ADA standards can result in fines and lawsuits. You should consider contacting the Department of Justice which enforces the law:(###) ###-####(voice);(###) ###-####(TTY).
Here is a link to filing a complaint with the DOJ:
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,