Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767,
8402582

FDA approved the UROLIFT procedure. I had it performed on May

Customer Question

FDA approved the UROLIFT procedure. I had it performed on May 28, 2015 and MEDICARE would not pay the Doctor who did the procedure. How do I get Medicare to recognize that this procedure is approved and should pay for the Doctors' fee.
Stephen J. Zavada, Jr. ***@******.*** (###) ###-####(H) (###) ###-####W 7:30AM - 4:00PM)
Expert:  Briarcliff767 replied 2 years ago.
Hi
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.
Yes this is covered by your insurance. The doctor should have got prior authorization or requested it before the actual treatment.
If they did not you will have to get th to file a claim and the form is on page 13 of the link I am giving you.
This link also tells you how to file and what your doctor needs to do.
If you still have questions please let me know.
https://www.urolift.com/medical/assets/us-billing-guide.pdf
Hope