How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have leased my Thoroughbred mare to a gentlemen in Virginia,

Customer Question

I have leased my Thoroughbred mare to a gentlemen in Virginia, he was supposed to breed her to a stallion in NY and keep her there until the foal and rebreed her. He has abandoned them and the owner of the farm has placed my mare in a "lean shed". At this time they are claiming that they own mare and the foal and that I can retrieve them if I pay the expenses of 19000 dollars. I have the signed lease, I am the owner registered with Jockey Club and my address and other information was available to anyone. I have shipped the mare to the farm in question and they have my information on record. I have sent the notice of default and termination of the lease to the person named in the lease. I have send all that information in order to prevent registering of the foal since I don't have either verbal or written agreement with the farm in NY. They are holding may mare hostage and I need a way to be able to reposes them. I nee a good NY attorney with an experience in horse racing business.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but if you are looking for representation, the attorneys on this site are forbidden from representing anyone on this site by state law. You would need to find an attorney in NY to represent you through the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You are not being charged for this reply and can seek a refund of any deposit you made to the site by contacting customer service at