How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i fire an employee that has work in the

Customer Question

Can i fire an employee that has work for me for years in the union and dhe get caught and sentened for saling weed
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
If I may ask, is this a union employee at this time, or does this person work for you directly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She works for the union at my store
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, If she works through the union you'd need to review the employee handbook rules to see what steps you need to take to pursue termination. Some may require a process first, such as contacting the union, and some do not. But you need to first become familiar with the steps, then contact the union representative to see if they will challenge or object to the firing (you can provide them with details), and then seek a termination. Sincerely, ***** *****