Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

YESTERDAY AFTERNOON, 2 of my neighbor's Pitt Bulls escaped

Customer Question

YESTERDAY AFTERNOON, 2 of my neighbor's Pitt Bulls escaped from his home, ran down the street, ran up my driveway, went into my garage, and cornered 2 of my cats, and my cats ran. The dogs got one of my cats and killed her. We called the police. He grabbed his dogs and left, ignoring the police phone calls. At 2am today, he was arrested and cited and posted bail. This morning, my family had a much calmer relative talk to the neighbor who admitted that he is 60 years old, that the person babysitting the dogs at the time was his 96 year old father, that the Pitts were rescues, and that the one who killed my cat was a "bad apple" that he was trying to get rid of b/c he was worried it may hurt a child. He says he is re-homing the pets after the holiday weekend. Would it be illegal for me to mail everyone in our neighborhood a letter that warns the whole gated neighborhood that he has unregistered, rescued, potentially unleashed Pitt Bulls in his home that may get out and hurt someone's small pet or child? If I use his name and address would this be illegal?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. I am sorry to hear about your cat.I suggest that you have a right to make that revelation to your neighbors, as long as what you are saying is truth. I suggest that your neighbor revealed that information to you as truth. You have no reason not to believe himSo yes, you can and I suggest you can say The name of the neighbor has just revealed.... and continue with your statement.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you