Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Don't know what to do. tue.6-30 filled tank at Chevron. Wed.7-1-15

Customer Question
Don`t know what to do...
Don`t know what to do. tue.6-30 filled tank at Chevron. Wed.7-1-15 going to work my 2013 Camry just died on route,towed back to dealer, 7-2-15 dealer service found excessive water in fuel that ruined injectors. WARRANTY does not cover this, so far my out of pocket expense has been $47.41 full tank gas, $74 towing fee,$405.87 engine repair, one day miss work, lots of agraviation...can you help? Remigio (remi) Armenta.(###) ###-####cell.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
7/3/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
You can sue the Chevron Station for the water in your tank.This can be a little tricky as you are going to have to prove that the station was responsible for the excessive water, but a combination of your testimony, the receipt for the gas, plus any footage from their security camera should provide sufficient evidence to support this. Testimony from your auto mechanic will be sufficient to support the causation/damages portion of your claim.Nevada has a small claims damage limit of $7,500.00, so you can use small claims court for this type of negligence/products liability claim (see generally: http://www.lasvegasjusticecourt.us/divisions/small_claims/).Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney