If someone's failed attempt at Parkour resulted in a

Customer Question
Hello if someone's failed...
Hello if someone's failed attempt at Parkour resulted in a porch banister collapse onto a parked car, who is at fault?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
7/3/2015
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
In all likelihood the person who was performing the stunt would be ultimately liable since the banister was not being used in a reasonably foreseeable manner.
That does not mean the car owner could not make a case for liability of the property owner, either wholly or partially, on the basis that the property owner did not maintain the banister or that it was not properly installed.
Thank you.
Person performing trick was trespassing on private property. Parked car, which was damaged in the incident, is owned by tenant of said property and was correctly parked in driveway. Property owner was not involved.
The property owner is generally not liable for the negligence of a trespasser.
Did you have further questions before you rate my service to you?