CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Is small court where I attended the judge let the defendant

Customer Question

Is small court where I attended the judge let the defendant and I'm the plaintiff he allowed a associate of his partner of his to sit next to him in Cochem and this person is not an attorney he's not a witness the judge allow that person to sit next to him and I'll be getting instructions were that nobody was a sit next to wear to a defendant it to coach him or to help him unless he's an attorney or a witness. What should I do about this my decision was against me and the person continue to lie it was kangaroo court and Forsyth County in Georgia. Please give me your opinion if I should go ahead and appeal this based on that alone
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
If the person was just sitting next to the party (not speaking to the court on behalf of the party, such as questioning witnesses, presenting evidence, or making arguments to the court), then this is not a basis to make an appeal.However, if the individual was acting as an attorney (making arguments to the court, questioning witnesses, or trying to introduce evidence, or object to your introduction of evidence) that would be a basis for an appeal (it is the unauthorized practice of law).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even in a documents in the instructions from the judge and his assistant saying that no one was sitting next to the defendant let's do it in tourney or an actual witness bouldering my testimony he was there coaching them on what to say and every detail on all my case for my case and they were just continuous continuous lies. The biggest lies this man does business with a friend of mine for 12 years and he did some terrible thing to me and I asked about the end I said do you have employees you said yes I said the dey do did work on Mr so and so's Motorhome and and he said he doesn't know Mr Fry I miss to find those and said he was just there working at is so is Giygas continue to lie and lie even deeper. Judged definitely favored the defendant right from the start but that ruling doesn't seem fair if you're not a witness and you're not an attorney did not sit next to the bed and that was the cord instructions I don't understand your your answer
Dealing with lying witnesses is a difficult task. You can attack their credibility on the stand. You can do this by presenting evidence that contradicts their stated testimony (information that you either already have or that you obtain through pre-trial discovery). You can use this information to 'impeach' their credibility on the stand (see generally: http://www.azalaw.com/pubs/zavitsanos/D.pdf). The judge can then make a determination as to whether or not the witness is believable.Just allowing a person to sit at the counsel table next to the opposing party is not a basis to appeal your case. The judge would have had to allow the other person to actually represent the other party in the trial (meaning argue the case on their behalf, not passively sit there, or whisper to the other party alone).