Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My name is ***** ***** I live in Las Vegas.

Customer Question
Hello my name is *****...
Hello my name is ***** ***** I live in Las Vegas. I met a man by the name of **** from Vienna. He was very interested in my music and when he came to hear me recording at digital insight he said he wanted to buy me a better piano to work on. I thought it was awesome and proceeded to guitar center where he wanted to purchase a kronos 2 3500 dollar piano and then recording gear as well as a mac pro. I told him I lived in a weekly and I didn't want to take the chance of the equipment getting stolen. He said he was a very wealthy man and he would buy me an apartment where I could keep the equipment and live there for a year. It took 4 weeks to really get the apartment but in the meantime I knew he wanted something from me. He was looking for the best musicians so I turned him on to my dear friend Niles McKinney who is amazing on the keys. He then proceeded to buy Niles the same equipment where Niles is keeping it at his home. I gave him art ideas for a song he wrote that I sang on which he did pay me for. However, he asked me to write up a contract for myself and Niles as he wanted us to produce 1 song a month for release. The whole time telling everyone that I was the boss heading up his company here in Vegas "Red P Entertainment". Upon moving into the apartment the Friday before last. I set up all the equipment myself. I had meetings with his finance lady in New York who he flew in for me to meet while he did have another finance guy here as well as a Lawyer who I met with named Rasmussen. I posted a picture of the three of us on Facebook as an introduction of the company and my responsibilities. He Kept telling everyone that I was the boss in charge of the Vegas side as he also has the same in New York and Vienna. Once Niles and I got in the studio his songs came out amazing. He also had me set up the cd baby pro account which he stated I would get a percentage for co writing the song God gave us light and all these things would be in exchange in addition to the paid rehearsals and recordings of each song for the apartment and gear. We had one last meeting last Saturday as they were leaving for Vienna that night. That's when they asked for my account to transfer $4000 a month in it. I was Leary and thought it odd since he did not want me posting anything about the company. On this past Sunday evening I sent an email that I would like to be compensated slightly for some of the operational work, setting up recording times, calling artists and normal office daily procedures as he had asked me how much I wanted to do this. I sent also my checking account number. Tuesday morning I got an email terminating my services from everything and was asked to move out of the apartment. A second email came giving me two weeks to move out. The apartment is the Meridian a corporate rental. I need to know what my rights are. I was also asked to leave all the equipment. Can you help me and let me know what I need to do legally.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
7/2/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What did your contract state that you ended up signing with him? That is what will tell you the rights you have.
Tina, Lawyer