How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27253
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about online harassment. My husband had a

Customer Question

I have a question about online harassment. My husband had a fling with a woman who is posting pictures online via Flickr and using that information to try and broadcast the relationship to family members. She does not own most of the pictures, they were taken by my husband. She is also illegally here - her Visa expired in January of 2014. Do we have any recourse legally?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. If she is here illegally, you could report her and let Immigration looking into the situation. If she is arrested and charged and takes a plea deal or is convicted, it could subject her to deportation. However, that is between her and the government. Now, as far as the pictures, even though he may have taken them, he gave them to her and shared them with her, so there is nothing wrong with her posting them. It is not a situation where she is trying to sell them and make money. Even though she is posting them and trying to share them with family members, the truth is always a defense and if he had a fling with this women, it is at her discretion to share them. Clearly, it is the wrong thing to do but simply posting them and telling the truth, is not criminal. If she was trying to get money out of him by doing this, that would be a different story. I know your concern is harassment, so I have provided a link to the statutes below, so you can read them and apply them to the facts, to see if there is a basis to contact the police and try and get her charged
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!