Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

What should I do if I discovered my wife forged a med.directive

Customer Question

What should I do if I discovered my wife forged a med.directive & power of attorney. She is a nurse, I didn't discover it for 5 years after it was in
Place. She told me it was a mistake,it was made with a witness that was another nurse that said I signed it . It is all forged, what should I do to be safe?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You could actually file a complaint with the nursing board, because that is grounds for them to suspend or revoke her nursing license.
You also can get the original of that PoA and tear it up, which would revoke the PoA. A PoA that is granted may be revoked by giving notice to the PoA and for protection tearing up or destroying the original and any copies she may have if possible.