How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorced than 10 years. The relationship

Customer Question

I have been divorced for more than 10 years. The relationship with my 'ex' is acrimonious at best. I am 61 years old, and while I am in good health, I do think about my home and insurance, etc. I have adult sons. They are 27 and 30. I simply do not want my 'ex' involved in any of my legal affairs or in my home after my death.
What kind of legal paperwork do I need to insure that my ex cannot enter my premises or have access to any of my legal documents?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Since he is your ex-spouse, I assume that you have a divorce decree. If that is the case, then legally speaking, he should not be able to access any of the information in question, unless he is allowed access by one or both of your sons. That being said, if you want to truly assure that he is barred from any access to your records, affaris, etc., you could file a petition with the court that issued your divorce decree and have language added to that effect. Of course, that will take hiring an attorney to help with this issue. In all honesty, your current divorce decree should eliminate any legal claim he may have to any of your affairs. That should be enough. Let me know if you have any other questions. Please also rate my answer positively. Best wishes going forward!
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Did you have any other questions or comments? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks