How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was assaulted by a midland county constable while he was

Customer Question

I was assaulted by a midland county constable while he was in uniform. The entire incident was caught on my apartment's security camera. I did nothing to provoke this attack. Can I sue midland county for his actions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Yes, you can sue the county for the actions of the constable under several grounds, including the excessive use of force and deprivation of rights under 42 USC 1983 (deprivation of civil rights), and possibly others depending on the facts of your case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The assault took place on August of 2014. Is it to late to file?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Generally, a notice of claim under the tort claims act must be made within 6 months of the incident. Here's a good link:
Here's another good link: